On behalf of the IAS Committee I am writing to provide you with an update on the national IAS events on the back of recent Government advice and announcements regarding Coronavirus.
The health of our members, their families, colleagues and clients is of the utmost importance to the society and in view of the ever changing circumstances, we have had to make some difficult decisions alongside the key sponsors of our events.
Therefore, for the foreseeable future all IAS events that were scheduled between now and the end of September 2020 will be cancelled. Some have been re-scheduled. See below: -
● Bericote and Tritax Big Box sponsored Agents Golf day scheduled for 24th April 2020 is cancelled. The event will be held in April 2021
● SEGRO sponsored Bike Ride scheduled for 11th June 2020 is cancelled. The event will be held in May 2021
● Goodman sponsored Summer Party scheduled for 18th June 2020 is cancelled. The event will be held in June 2021
● London based Thirsty Thursday's will be cancelled until post Summer
● All Western Region events are cancelled until further notice
● The West Midlands Region Summer Party, Thirsty Thursday’s and The Steve Rowan Golf Day are all cancelled
● The Northern Region Golf Day is postponed and is looking to be re-scheduled
For those that have booked and paid for places at the Bericote & Tritax Big Box sponsored Agents Golf day at Woburn, a refund will be available. Chris Jee will be in touch with those that have paid shortly regarding these refunds.
THE IAS AWARDS 2020
We also regret to announce that the Awards luncheon due to take place on the 24th September 2020 has sadly had to be cancelled. It has been re-scheduled for Thursday 23rd September 2021.
However, the awards will still be contested and judged in the usual manner with the shortlist being announced on the website. The winners will be announced and presented with their Award but this will all take place virtually given we have had to cancel the luncheon event. More news on that in due course. The entry phase of the Awards website will be launched on the 1st April 2020 so please enter in the normal way.
Finally the focus of the IAS is networking and raising money for our nominated charity. As a result, all these decisions have not been taken lightly but we trust that you understand the reasons why - safeguarding the health of our members and colleagues in the industry is paramount.
If you do have any questions or want to discuss anything further, then please do not hesitate to contact myself as Chairman, Gordon Reynolds as Vice Chairman or Chris Jee as Events Coordinator.Many thanks and take care
Partner - Commercial Agency - Cluttons LLP
Chairman of the Industrial Agency Society